Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner


Sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner.
This year is every one's off year
so we decided to do a Bott Thanksgiving a little early.

It was so much fun!
I am so glad we did it.

Everyone was there.
Everyone brought food.
I cooked my very first whole turkey.
{which was a tad bit over cooked}
And everyone seemed to have plenty of food!

It was craziness as soon as the prayer was said!
I don't know why,
but this was a big messy dinner,
more so than usual Sunday dinners.

But it was worth it.
I love my family and I am so thankful for them.
My nieces and nephews are so adorable.
I love just spending time with them and loving them.
They make the Holidays magical.

This time of year is always a little rough.
And I know that it will be that way forever.
But it is so fun to be able to all be so close
and be able to do things like this.

Sometimes when a family loses a loved one,
the family falls apart.
I am so thankful that losing my mom had a different effect on our family.
We have all come closer through it.
Through the past 6 years we have all looked out for each other a little more.
And tried to help each other out a little more.

I love this time of year.
Even though it is hard sometimes.

I am thankful for my family.
And I am thankful for the knowledge I have
that we will all be together again someday,
if we live the way we know we should.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Be thankful.

No comments: