Monday, February 20, 2012

I've Learned


“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he or she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”  - Maya Angelou


It's been a crazy few weeks for me.
I think life is finally calming back down.
I've loved it,
but I am ready for a little less stress.

Times like these make me learn a lot.
A lot about me.
A lot about others.
A lot about life.


I love this quote.
I feel like the past few weeks I have learned so many little things.
Things that I have probably known all along,
but sometimes that moment hits when you realize it's true.


I've learned that being busy is the best way to be.
I've learned that life does give you a second chance.
Lucky for me, others give me a second chance as well.
And sometimes a third and fourth.
I've learned that you can only do so much.
And after you've done all you can do,
you have to let go of the rest.
Even if it's hard.
I've learned that people can surprise you.
I've learned that all we really need is a smile on your face.
I've learned that I can do hard things.
I've learned that a thank you makes all the work worth it.
I've learned that things come when the time is right.
I've learned that everything will work out.
I've learned that everyday there is more to learn.

I am excited to see what the future has for me to learn.
Or re learn.

There is so much good in life,
enjoy everyday.

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

That is such a great post!!! LOVE IT! And I love that quote. And I also love that you keep making the love mixes!!! I think I am going to need a copy of all of them in the past if you still have them! Do you even have love jive 2005? Mine got way too scratched!