Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the last pickle


This is the last jar of pickles in my house.
And it made me very very sad.

I went to grab one and realized it was the last.

Sometimes,
small things make me really miss my mom.
Like the last jar of pickles.

Because it's one more reminder
that she will not be canning more pickles or pears or peaches this summer.
And she won't be here to teach me how. 

And then I think of all the other things I have done and will do,
without her.

And that really stinks.

So I have a new goal.
{Even added it to the 30 list}
Learn to can this summer.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh man. I had basically this exact thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I had a jar of pickles from the house, I think I've had it since we got married because I wouldn't eat them or let anyone eat them unless it was necessary. They are gone too. I'll can with you. And cry with you.