Friday, May 18, 2012

make Kay's Christmas rolls

15. make Kay's Christmas rolls
December 24, 2012








I have been wanting to learn how to make these rolls for years.

For as long as I can remember,
probably my whole life really,
Kay Ivins has brought us the most delicious sweet rolls on Christmas Eve.

It has always been one of my most looked forward to Christmas treats.

I have asked Kay before for some tips.
But I never really dared to try them.
All I knew was they were hard to make.

Finally,
I decided it was time.
I wanted to make them and give to everyone on Christmas Eve.

I did it!
Kay came down to visit a couple days before
and was happy to give me a few more pointers.
Then on Christmas Eve I decided to just give it a shot.

I must admit,
they turned out perfect!
I was surprised how good they were for my first try.

After knowing what goes in these 
I am only allowing them to be a one time a year indulgence.

But I am already excited to make them again this year!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Those look amazing!