Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5th


"There is an emptiness inside of you -- a void that will never be filled. No one in your life will ever love you as your mother does. There is no love as pure, unconditional and strong as a mother's love and you may never be loved that way again. Do you ever get over it? No. But you get on with your life, and it will always be a part of your life. It defines who you are. One day you will be a mother, and will love someone in that way. It doesn't make you miss your mother any less, but it does help to soften the hurt that is there."


Today is my mom's birthday.
Another year has gone by.
Another year without her.
For some reason this year has been a little harder.
This birthday.
This day.
Maybe just with everything going on right now...
I just miss her more than normal.


So today I will miss her.
A little more than other days.
And I will listen to this song 
A lot.





That's all.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love you Jess. That is all :)