Monday, May 14, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

























Another year.
This year was…
different.

But life these days is just different.

Some of us met at the house before
and headed out to the new location for the race.
It started and ended at Library Square.
I didn’t love the new venue but I think it was just this year
because Gateway is all torn apart.

Anyway,
the race was bittersweet like always.

I decided to just walk it this year with the family.
I realized why I run it though.
It’s pretty emotional.
I like to focus on the running,
not everything else.

So a few tears were shed
as we walked by 
and Jason went and gave a shout out to mom on the speakers
and the Martina McBride song played.
And seeing so many people dressed in pink
honoring someone they know who is or has been affected by breast cancer.

But it was fun to just walk and enjoy and be with the family.

After the race we went to Kneader’s at City Creek
and ate delicious French toast
and ran to a few stores.

It was a fun morning spent with the family, honoring mom.

No comments: