Wednesday, September 26, 2012

seven



Every year on this day I think,
'Has it really been another year?'
Another year without my mom.

They say it gets easier.

And maybe day to day it is easier.
But some days it's harder.

The days when all I want is to share something with my mom.
The days that are hard and I need her.
The days that I want her to meet someone I love.
The days I do things that my mom should be here to do with me.
The days I need her help and opinions.
The days a girl just needs her mom.

Not a day passes that I don't miss her.
Not a day passes that I don't look at that wedding picture on my wall
and wish she was still here.

Especially right now in my life.

But then I have to remind myself
that I am where I am because of all of this.
The blessings and trials in my life have made me who I am.

I am thankful for all that I have learned.
I have grown in ways I never thought possible.
I have tried harder to be like her.
And that is the biggest blessing of all.

I hope that she is looking down and happy with where I am.
I know she has a hand in my life.
And that she knows what is going on and what is best.


I hope that I can make her proud.
And I hope that she is happy.

And I can't wait for the day that I will see her again.

1 comment:

blog stalker said...

Beautifully put! I know that this mother is certainly grateful to your mother for raising such an amazing daughter!