Monday, November 5, 2012

the best night ever

It’s official!
We are getting married
and I can’t wait!


It became official Friday night.

We planned on going on a hike
and lighting a floating lantern.
We did that on our very first date.

We went for a drive up in the mountains.
We never made it to the top where Ryan wanted to hike.
It was closed off.

So we got out at a point that overlooked the temple and the city.
It was beautiful.
Ryan got the lantern ready and said
“we have to write a wish on it before we let it go”
He started writing and I started thinking of a wish to write.
He turned it my way and it said
“marry me”
And he let it go.

I turned toward him and he was on one knee.
Ring in hand.
He said some amazing things and asked me to marry him.
I said yes, of course.
And then I cried.

We just stayed up there for a while.
We laughed.
He told me about his talk with my dad.
I cried some more.

It was perfect.

Then we called to share the good news with everyone.
We stopped by my dad’s and both our grandparent’s.

It was magical.
The best night ever.
I couldn't stop smiling.

I am so excited to marry Ryan.
I am so lucky to have him in my life.
He makes me so happy.

Save the date,
January 26th 2013
It can’t come soon enough!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I love it so much and love how happy both of you are!!!!!

Stacy said...

Jess, I am beyond happy for you. Ryan is truly one lucky guy. Congratulations!

Haylee said...

BEST. POST. EVER!!!!! YAY Jess and Ryan! Boy, that Ryan is ONE LUCKY DUDE!! So excited for you both!! And so happy you had such a great proposal! Yay yay yay!!

rebecca marra said...

i love this! Congrats Jess i'm so excited for you!

Jill_ums said...

Congratulations!!! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the announcement! Good luck with the plans. You two are beautiful together!

Tyler + Jess said...

Yay! Congratulations pretty girl! xoxo

Rebecca L. said...

So precious! I am so happy for you!