Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Moab 2013

This would have been my 7th year running the
Canyonlands Half Marathon.
This was the first year I gave in and just did the 5 mile.

I always thought people were crazy for going and only doing 5.
And I maybe even made fun of people who would chicken out.

I have done these not trained enough before,
but this year I was not trained at all.
I knew I would hate my life during the race
and even more after.
So I did 5 miles and felt great.

Luckily to be in the 10 year club it doesn't have to be 10 years in a row.
So 4 more times and I'm in!

Ryan and I headed down Friday after work.
We stopped in Provo for some dinner
then drove straight to Moab.
Unfortunately most of our drive was dark.
We got to the camp site
and met up with Jen and Dan and Eric and Rebekah.
We basically all went straight to bed.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to the buses.
We said our final good lucks to Eric and Reebs who actually did the half
and went to the start.
The race was great and I was happy to see Ryan at the end.

We got showered and headed into town.
We made t-shirts of course and then went and hiked.
We went to Corona Arch which was fun.

We went back to camp and Jen made dutch oven for us.
It was fun to just sit and chat.
After dinner and peach cobbler for dessert we called it a night.

Sunday we just packed up, had breakfast and headed home.

I love Moab!
It was another fun year.
Better than the rest since I got to share it with Ryan.
Maybe one day I will get him to run with me!





















No comments: