Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5th


"Missing someone isn't about how long it's been since you've seen them
or the amount of time since you've talked.
It's about that very moment when you're doing something
and wishing they were right there with you."


I've had a lot of those moments the past seven and a half years.
But this past year seems like it had even more 
than those seven and a half years combined.

No girl should have to grow up without her mom.
No girl should plan a wedding without her mom.
Or find the man she is going to spend her eternity with
and not be able to introduce him to her mom.


And that is why this year has had so many of those
'wishing she was right here' moments.

Today is my mom's birthday.
I wish she was here today.
So I could wish her a happy birthday.
So I could hug her and tell her I love her.
So she could know and love Ryan.
I know she had a hand in us finding each other
but I wish she was here to know him.

Not a day passes that I don't think of her.
But days like today seem to pass a little slower.

Happy Birthday mom
we'll meet you there.

No comments: