Tuesday, May 7, 2013

perfect spring weekend

There was something about this weekend that made it perfect.

Maybe it's because I had to work last Saturday 
so I didn't really have a weekend.
Or maybe it's because the weather was so nice.
I'm not sure, but it was lovely.

Friday night we ate Plates and Palates and just watched a movie.
Ryan loves a new sandwich they have
and I would never argue a want to eat there!
By Friday we just want to relax.
So it was a nice night.

Saturday we did our regular Saturday stuff around the house.
I also made the kids shirts for the race next week.

 
Then we went to Temple Square.
I had been wanting to go see the flowers so we finally just did it!
It is so beautiful there in the spring.
I almost like it more than the Christmas lights.
It was so nice to walk around and see all the flowers 
and be on the temple grounds.










I love that Ryan takes pictures of everything like I do!

After Temple Square we went to Bruges and ate delicious waffles.
We sat up on the deck and just enjoyed the nice weather.
We went a few times last summer so it was fun to remember that.
And to talk about how we are so glad we don't ever have to date again.
Date other people that is.


We ended the day by watching 'Say Anything' at home.
It was a great night.

Sunday was my mom's birthday.
I wanted to get everyone together and have dessert.
Just so we could all be together.

We had cupcakes and ice cream at my grandma's house.
It was nice just sitting outside on the patio.

The kids decorated their shirts for the race.
It was fun and something I think we'll do every year now.


It was a great weekend.
I am amazed at how these hard days are so much easier 
now that I have Ryan by my side.

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Cute little plaid family! So glad you had him with you this year!