Thursday, June 20, 2013

random single thoughts




Last night we went to the temple. 
I love being in the temple with Ryan.
I always think about how lucky I am
to be where I am in my life.
And to have Ryan by my side.
Forever.

It was our singles stake temple night last night.
I was glad to be there with Ryan.
Married.
And not just there to scope out who’s who at stake temple night.
I still have weird feelings about a special temple session for the singles...

Last week I just kept feeling overwhelming gratitude for Ryan.
One night I told him how I don’t remember my life without him.
Not that it was bad.
It was pretty great really.
But life with Ryan is even better.
It’s so comfortable and normal
that I can’t believe it’s only been a little over a year since we met.
I never thought I would be 110% comfortable with someone.

Saturday night we ran into a couple friends from my U singles ward days.
One of them got married a few years ago
but the other one is still single.
And older than Ryan and myself.
I had two thoughts after a quick catch up with them.

  1. I am so glad I am not there anymore
  2. I wish he and all my single friends knew how great being married is
Now, I had some good times in my single life.
And made a lot of great friends.
I did things I am so thankful I got to do.
Which I think has made me even more thankful for where I am now.
 
Don’t get me wrong.
I know a lot of people want to be married.
And long for that day to come.
Trust me.
I was there.
I didn’t get married at 18.
I know how hard it can be to long so badly for a family
and not be able to do one thing about it.

But I also believe there are people who just would rather live the single life.
And those are the people I am sad for.
I hope that one day they realize how great it can be.
There should be less and less singles wards
instead of more and more.

I don’t have all the answers.
In fact I have no answers.
I don’t claim to.
I just hope that someday all these single people
{mostly the male population}
figure it out and want to pursue relationships
and one day take that step forward.

Because as great as single life can be,
being married is even better.

1 comment:

Eric and Rebekah said...

Amen! We couldn't agree more!!! So happy for you and Ryan!! :)