I made this recipe awhile back.
Then I made it again last night and I liked them more the second time.
A friend suggested this recipe to me when we both were new to the pressure cooker.
You could do this without too.
It is from a great pressure cooker blog
And just a plug,
if you don't have a pressure cooker,
It will change your life!
We were lucky enough to get one from one of my dear friends for our wedding!
I love it so much and still don't even know a fourth of what if can do!
The first time I adapted it and cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker too.
Last night I stuck to the recipe and the were better.
I really like these.
In fact I am eating the left overs right now for lunch!
Ryan didn't love them so I don't think they'll be made too often but I'll probably sneak them in sometimes!
Thai Chicken Burrito
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken, precooked and diced or shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 flour tortillas for burritos
- Add the rice, 1 1/4 cups water and salt to the pressure cooker pot. Stir. Lock lid in place. Select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release.
- Add chicken, salsa, chili powder, ginger, peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons water and brown sugar to the rice in the cooking pot. Stir.
- Select sauté and bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes until rice is tender and chicken is heated through.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling in the middle of each tortilla and roll up burrito style.
- Serve topped with salsa and sour cream.
I had Costco mango salsa I wanted to use since we just can't eat the whole jar before it goes bad.
It made this recipe even more delicious!