Wednesday, March 19, 2014

recipe of the day

I made this recipe awhile back.
Then I made it again last night and I liked them more the second time.
A friend suggested this recipe to me when we both were new to the pressure cooker.
You could do this without too.
It is from a great pressure cooker blog
And just a plug,
if you don't have a pressure cooker,
get one!
It will change your life!
We were lucky enough to get one from one of my dear friends for our wedding!
I love it so much and still don't even know a fourth of what if can do!
The first time I adapted it and cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker too.
Last night I stuck to the recipe and the were better.

I really like these.
In fact I am eating the left overs right now for lunch!
Ryan didn't love them so I don't think they'll be made too often but I'll probably sneak them in sometimes!

Thai Chicken Burrito


Ingredients
  • 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups chicken, precooked and diced or shredded
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 8 flour tortillas for burritos
Directions
  1. Add the rice, 1 1/4 cups water and salt to the pressure cooker pot. Stir. Lock lid in place. Select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release.
  2. Add chicken, salsa, chili powder, ginger, peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons water and brown sugar to the rice in the cooking pot. Stir.
  3. Select sauté and bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes until rice is tender and chicken is heated through.
  4. Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling in the middle of each tortilla and roll up burrito style.
  5. Serve topped with salsa and sour cream.
Note:
I had Costco mango salsa I wanted to use since we just can't eat the whole jar before it goes bad.
It made this recipe even more delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments: