Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tolman reunion

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to blog about this reunion.
Maybe it's because it wasn't the best one we've ever had.
Or maybe it's because it may be the last one
and I just am not sure if I'm ready for it to end.

I had a meeting Thursday morning so Ryan and I left around noon.
We got to the cabin and it had been raining
so they were deciding if we should go to Cottonwood or not.

The decision was made
so we packed up and headed up.
Long story short,
everyone turned back round and went and did the picnic at the cabin.

Ryan had never been to Cottonwood so we drove up just to look around.
It was gorgeous.
No rain and hardly any wet ground.
Oh well, it was fun to go if even just for a few minutes.

I had a lot of memories from growing up flooding my mind.
We haven't been for a lot of years so it was nice to just be there.





We headed back to the cabin and it turned out to be a pretty fun night.
The kids had a blast on the rhino and in the pond
and {some} of the adults had fun at the fire and chatting.












Friday was swimming and just hanging out.
Some of the guys golfed but none of my family did.
Luckily we got a few good hours of pool time in.

I think we played 'volleyball' for a couple of hours.

Later that day we got ready and headed to the park for the picnic and games.
Unfortunately there was a down pour!



We tried to make due but it was just getting worse and the wind and cold were coming too.
Mike started trying to get a hold of the bishop of the ward 
while some of the guys went to see if there was by chance an open window in the church...

Luckily we got it.
It kind of put a damper on the games and such
but at least we were warm.




Saturday was just a free day.
We hung around the cabin, went for fish and then went to visit everyone else at the other cabins.

Sunday we cleaned up and headed home.


I'm thankful for all the years we've been able to do this.
This may be the last year for my grandparents so we'll see what happens next year.

We have a lot of fun memories that I will always cherish.
All because two people fell in love.

No comments: