Tuesday, December 2, 2014

the list

Three years ago I made this list.
Three years ago I was in a much different place than I am now.
I was happy with my life.
But I knew there was more to life than what I had.

I made this list to give me things to accomplish and look forward to.
30 things to do before I turn 30
I chose 30 things that I could do.
They were all realistic things, nothing like get married or have kids on there
because that took more than me to accomplish.
Some took a lot of money, but they would still be doable. 

Today I am 30.
I would like to say I completed my list.
But I didn't.

But what I did was better.

I can go to Thailand, Hawaii and Chicago later.
I can see a Yankees game and ride in a hot air balloon later.

Looking back at my list I am not sad for the things I didn't accomplish.
I am happy for the ones I did accomplish and for the things I've done that weren't on the list.

I have a home and a husband and a baby on the way.
Those things are better than any vacation or activity I could have put on my list 3 years ago.

So today on this milestone of a birthday
I am happy to say I am happy.
Life isn't perfect, but I am happy.

 

We got to see our little one this morning
and nothing could make me happier than where I am in life right now.
This chubby little face is getting bigger everyday 
and will probably make its debut earlier than we thought!


No comments: