Sunday, May 8, 2016

mothers

"I am fooling only myself when I say my mother exists now only in the photograph on my bulletin board 
or in the outline of my hand or in the armful of memories I still hold tight. 
She lives on in everything I do. 
Her presence influenced who I was, and her absence influences who I am. 
Our lives are shaped as much by those who leave us as they are by those who stay. 
Loss is our legacy. 
Insight is our gift. 
Memory is our guide." 
-Hope Edelman

Mother's Day is a hard day for so many people
and for so many reasons.
But I hope we can all find reason to celebrate this day.
To celebrate the women in our lives; mothers, daughters, sisters and friends.

Happy Mother's Day

I am so thankful for my mother.
And the chance I have now to be a mother myself.
I long for my mother to be here to be a grandma to my children.
My heart aches for her presence. 
To know my little Hunter and to help me figure this all out.

I am comforted to know that she knew Hunter before I did
and that a little part of her is here with me in his laughs and smiles.
For that, I will always be grateful.




No comments: